Westfield Medical, a leading UK manufacturer of sterilisation barrier systems, is looking to recruit an Area Sales Manager for Direct Hospital Sales.
As Area Sales Manager, you are responsible for growing hospital sales profitably in your given territory, working closely with hospitals and sterilisation units within hospitals to ensure customer satisfaction. You will work closely with the UK Hospital Sales Manager, other members of the sales team, but also with colleagues from all functions of the company.
The role reports to the UK Hospital Sales Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
- Travel across the sales territory (South of England & Wales) – occasional travel outside the UK
- Face-to-face sales meetings with Hospitals and the NHS
- Knowledge of the NHS procurement pathways
- Implementing group area-specific sales and marketing plans, strategies and tactics in line with the company’s overall strategy and targets, working within the NHS Trusts
- Creating and managing leads and turning them into sales pipeline opportunities – within NHS Trusts
- Leading the sales process and closing deals. Effectively utilising CRM tools and/or other sales pipeline follow-up systems
- Annual budgeting and monthly forecasting of sales
- Support in receivables collection
- New product and services market launches in the territory to NHS Hospitals
- Area-specific marketing according to company guidelines
- New product and services ideas and support in development
- Help marketing to develop the Westfield Medical brand
- Sales and gross margin in £ and % in comparison with budget
- Sales pipeline development in £ and hit rate in %
- Activity-based metrics agreed upon separately
- Overdue receivables in £ and % of sales
- Customer relationship management within the NHS
- Extensive Sales experience within the NHS
- Knowledge of private and public healthcare
- Large territory management experience
- Strategic and tactical sales and sales management skills
- Analytical and systematic opportunities and sales development
- Knowledge of CSSD operations
- NHS knowledge and pathways on procurement.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Background in technical sales
- Confident in delivering training sessions/presentations
- Experience working within or with Infection prevention / Sterile service operations, theatre or ITU environment – with clinical staff
- Any sales and sales management courses are regarded as a benefit
- Driven, self-motivated and competitive individuals who can engage company resources to service customers and help others to achieve their targets.
Ideally based along the M4 corridor
If you require further information on this role, please contact email@example.com.